RénoVillage - Société d'habitation du Québec


Fil d'ariane


The government has approved the RénoRégion program (RRP), which replaces the Emergency Repair and RénoVillage programs.

For details : RénoRégion program

The RénoVillage Program provides financial assistance for low-income owner-occupiers who live in rural areas, allowing them to carry out the work required to correct major defects in their homes.


You may be eligible for the Program if:

  • You are the owner-occupier of a dwelling (e.g. single family home or duplex) located in a municipality with fewer than 5,000 inhabitants or in a sector forming part of a municipality with more than 5,000 inhabitants, but which is not served by a water supply or sewer system.

    The program does not apply to the territories of Ville de Gatineau or Ville de Laval, or to the territories of municipalities located within the agglomerations of Longueuil, Montreal and Québec City.
  • Your household’s annual income does not exceed the maximum admissible level, which varies according to the size of your household.
  • The standardized value of your home does not exceed $35,000, excluding the value of the site. However, your municipality or RCM may set a higher maximum value, provided the amount does not exceed $90,000.

Other conditions may apply.

Available assistance

The financial assistance may cover up to 90% of the recognized admissible costs, but must not exceed $10,000. The percentage varies according to the household type.

Admissible work

Your home must require work valued at $2,000 or more in order to correct one or more major defects in at least one of the following aspects:

  • Structure
  • Electricity
  • Heating
  • Plumbing
  • Frame
  • Fire safety


The Société d’habitation du Québec has entrusted the municipalities and regional county municipalities (RCMs) with responsibility for managing the RénoVillage Program.

What to do

  1. Contact your municipality or RCM to see whether you qualify for the Program. You will be told which documents are required to complete your file.
  2. A representative from your municipality or RCM will visit your home to draw up a list of admissible work.
  3. You must then obtain one or more bids from contractors holding the appropriate licences from the  Régie du bâtiment du Québec Cet hyperlien s'ouvrira dans une nouvelle fenêtre..
  4. You must not begin work until you have received authorization from the municipality or RCM.
  5. You will receive the financial assistance once the work is complete and the municipal or RCM inspector has checked to ensure that it has been carried out as agreed.

For further information

Contact your municipality or RCM Cet hyperlien s'ouvrira dans une nouvelle fenêtre. or the Société d'habitation du Québec.